Monday, December 12, 2011

Letter to next year's cohort

What did you learn? What might you have done differently? and any advices.
This course helped me a lot on my writing. At first, I felt that the class had so much stuffs to do. At least one paper was due every week, and when I thought those papers were graded and actually part of the total grade, it seemed like the papers were giving me too much pressure. However, once I got used to all these works, it became much easier to create my own works. I think it will be better if you choose your final research paper topic as soon as possible. Then, you will have a lot more time than anyone else in class, and your paper will be developed more.
I learned the basic writing skills, including citation, rhetorical analysis, creating arguments and counterargument, and criticism. It was certainly difficult to learn, since all those things are that I didn't learn in highschool, but I really enjoyed learning new things.
Liz is also very friendly, easily approachable, and flexible. She makes students feel free to ask her questions, and helps a lot to understand many things in class.
I am so glad that I chose this class as my writing class!

No comments:

Post a Comment