Monday, December 12, 2011

Letter To Next Year's Cohorts

What I think was most helpful to me throughout this course was peer reviews and feedback from the professor. I would definitely say that you should really consider all of the advice you receive and actually take the time to think about how you can make adjustments to your writing. I noticed that rearranging even the littlest things that your reviewer didn't understand made a huge difference in my papers. Also, make sure you do a thorough job in reviewing someone else's paper because even though it might be tedious for you, it will be of much help to the other student.
The process for the final paper involved several steps and drafts before the final copy was due. I highly recommend that you put a lot of effort into each draft. If you have the mentality that it is just a rough draft and it doesn't really matter how good it is, then it will make writing the final copy so much worse. If you do put a lot of effort into each draft of the paper you write, I promise that the 8-10 page paper will really not be as bad as it sounds.
Also, I would suggest thinking about what you would like to write about for your final paper early on in the semester. This way, you won't have to freak out when your first draft is due because you don't even know what you want to write about. It's never too early to start brainstorming ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment