Monday, September 26, 2011

Prompt #4

The only online technologies I use are Google, or better yet, Wikipedia, Facebook, Jango, and my email. When I use a site like Wikipedia I use it in order to get fast accessible information. People say that it is not an accurate source, which is true, but sometimes when you need a fast answer to something you don't feel like researching, Wikipedia is the way to go!

On Facebook I do everything I used to do on Myspace and even more. On Facebook I write quotes I find online or on my readings that I find interesting. I look at pictures that my friends tag me on and sometimes I take those pictures and post them as my profile pictures. It is also my way of communicating with the world outside of my circle of friends. I am able to get the latest news, since I almost never care to watch the news. it is also a way for me to know what new songs came out and to remember old songs that I have forgotten about, since people upload songs they are currently listening to on Facebook. On Facebook, I also get a chance to see what people are doing back home, which is great.

On Jango I listen to music. What I hate about Jango is that, although it is free to listen to popular music on the radio, we also get to hear music "regular" people create. It is a way to listen to your favorite music while being exposed to the music of others that resemble your music interest.

All I do when I check on my email is see what people have sent me and keep myself informed about potential events I would decide to attend.

I guess I'm a self-sufficient girl. No one specifically gave me a guide telling me how to get to these sources. I found Jango and Wikipedia through Google search, while an email was mandatory for school, and I learned all the tricks to Facebook through trial and error and by clicking different tabs that gave me different results.

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Technology does make our lives much more easier. It does not only have contacting softwares such as messengers and blogs, but it also has online books/information such as Wikipedia and Google for us to search whatever we want to learn about. I personally use Chinese Music Player online and listen to free musics, which could be considered illegal :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to you when you say that Facebook has become a good way to find out news. Since I have had Facebook, I have been able to know about current events then ever before. I do not like reading online newspaper because it is alot to read and that can be discouraging sometimes. I am always at Facebook, and when I find something big on someone's status relating to the news, that is when I google it up. Recently people on Facebook have been posting news links. In the past month, I have clicked on several links. It amazes me how Facebook has not only become a social networking website, but also an information site.

    ReplyDelete