Monday, September 26, 2011

Prompt 4 Response

At the digital technology era, I have learned how to use online social softwares since I was very little. The first thing I touched about social softwares on my PC is the most popular Chinese messenger called QQ when I was at Grade 2 of Primary School. When I was little, my purpose to use this messenger was as simple as to chat with my friends. However, as I grew older, many new social webpages such as Facebook and Blogs were created.
When I came to the U.S. for high school. My friend introduced me some Blogs online so that we can contact each other when I get to the U.S.. I began to use Chinese Blogs to keep in touch with my family and friends. Whenever I feel homesick, I just go up to the page and check out what's going on with my friends and family. Meanwhile, I also uploaded pictures of mine at the U.S. and make sure my family knew that everything around me was going well.
Now, when I get to my College, University of Rochester, I use Facebook and Chinese blogs for different purpose. Instead of just checking what my family and friends are doing, I use Facebook to plan and post events for my current association - Chinese Students Association. Besides that, after seeing others posting videos online, I learned how to post videos of our events on Facebook for people to see it. I also learned how to tag people in a picture or a video. Facebook is not the only webpage that does tagging and posting videos. Renren and Weibo, the most Chinese blogging took the idea from Facebook as well. In China, Chinese students use Renren more than Facebook. In order to let Chinese students know what events of Chinese Students Association is going on, I also helped post announcement and events on Renren.
I chose to use these webpages because they make my life so much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment