Monday, September 12, 2011

Prompt#2 Response

I, like most teenage students, am also involved in various online technology practices that are not literally legal. I have downloaded free music, movies, and TV shows very often, and I can’t stop doing that. Those kind of online technology practices are like caffeine in morning coffee. It seduces people. It causes people to realize how conveniently and cheaply obtain various valuable sources through Internet, making the other people who purchase legally stupid. These characteristics of online technology practices have enough power to captivate people. In addition, most people believe that there is almost no way to be caught, since there are so many people doing it same. Furthermore, there is no strict law scaring people from downloading files illegally. However, as I especially grow up, I start to think from artists’ point of view, feeling guilty of getting free files that they tried their best to create. The income from selling their works would be how they earn money, and how they live. The interesting part is that all people surely know the way they getting free files is not right. If all people admit their fault, shouldn’t they be punished?

Besides downloading free files through Internet, I also sometimes remix music. I mostly use an introduction part of songs, without lyrics. I am remixing music mainly because I only play the piano. When I produce music, I also want to put interesting beats of drum and melody of guitar or bass, even though I can’t play those instruments. Since I totally don’t know about those instruments, only thing I can do is copying the other’s work. However, since I only use few seconds of song and the purpose of my work is not making any profits, I don’t feel guilty of doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment