Monday, September 12, 2011

Prompt #2

There are still many places around the world where people have no idea what the technology is. People might not have access to the computer, television and many other technologies. Believe me or not, I am exactly from the same place where I have seen computer first time in my life when I was 15 years old. Within three years of my life in USA I explored various online technology that I could have ever imagine. As like many other teenagers and adult Facebook has been one of my favorite and addictive social network so far. Even though I use Facebook often time I can’t spend more than 30 minutes each time I log in. I use Facebook just to know what up with my friends and family and if I have long free time I don’t mind to start chating with whomever I feel like to. Downloading music is like my habitual. I know its not a great idea to download music online illegally but what I also know is I am a student and I am poor so I might not have any other options to buy music online. If I would download music legally by paying money I would probably end of with not knowing anything about the musical world.

Honestly, I love to remix and mash-up video and making it interesting by using my own creative. I use the help of different software like iMovie, flash animation, and video editor. During my high school life I have done many remix videos. However, something I have never done was uploading it in the YouTube and sharing it in the public. Media art teacher in my high school used to say that cutting video and music and messing up with them are illegal. However, once I talked to him and I was said that he has also done some remixing and video mash-up but he has never share it with public. He has done all of this for his own entertainment and to be more creative. Likewise my media art teacher I love to do video and music editing and play around with it but I have never shared it with the public. Rarely, I show it to my friends and family. No matter if it is legal or illegal I will continue to do this because I am pretty sure that I won’t get catch unless I start sharing and updating my remixing videos in public like Girl Talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment