Thursday, September 22, 2011

Response to Prompt#4

There are many social network sites that I often visit such as Facebook, and Twitter. To of course keep in touch with my friends and what is going on in their lives. I post pictures of any new or important events that i've been to that i want to share with my friends. In a sense it's kind of like telling a story of a party that you went to but through pictures because you are not able to sit down and have that conversation with friends that are far away. It gives them a bit of a sneak peak into your life and what you're up to. It helps you keep a steady relationship with people you might be too busy to do so otherwise.
Also it makes things easier because there all these different applications put into one website. Facebook allows you to upload a video and share with friends (as youtube does), allows you to share photos ( as photo bucket does). Also the efficiency of creating events and inviting your friends. There has been surprise parties, dinners, just over all times where I would like to create events for a social gathering with friends, it's very easy to invite everyone with one click rather than sending out individual invites to each person, it's much more efficient. Also games like Uno brings friends together, or even allow you to meet new people when random players are being selected.
The reason i use all these apps and options on Facebook is because it's easily accessible and more efficient. Since everything is in one compact place it's not hard to locate something and someone and do what you want to do. I learned usually by asking people or i would see someone post a photo or video and see a button that says "create your own" and it shows me how to so again with accessible instructions it's easier to do so.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your reason you stated. I also believe that these kinds of online technologies help people to keep a steady relationship with people who they can't meet up. It is easy to get loose when friends don't hang out often. However, if they keep touching with each other by Facebook or Twitter, they can still remain their relationship, since they still share their stories. I think sharing stories is very significant in friendship. I also liked your idea focusing on efficiency. Even though I completely agree with this idea, that didn't come up when I wrote mine. Recently, more people prefer the efficiency and accessibility. This characteristic causes this online technology to spread to the wide range of people.

    ReplyDelete