Sunday, September 25, 2011

Prompt #4

The online websites I visit everyday are Facebook and YouTube, and I try to check my email everyday as well, but sometimes I forget. I usually end up going on Facebook several times per day because there is just so many things to do! Especially now that I am in college and away from all of my family and friends, I tend to go on more often so that I can keep in touch with everyone from home. I don't generally post statuses on Facebook, but I do every once in a while. For the most part, I just upload pictures and videos so that everyone can see what I am doing and so that I can share my experiences with my friends and family. It's nice to go through my own pictures and videos every so often because it allows you relive the experiences and your memories of those experiences will never die. I don't just go on Facebook for myself though- I always look at my friends' photos and statuses and I comment on various posts so that I can stay up to date on what is going on in their lives.
I like listening to the radio, but everyone knows that the radio plays the same 10 songs over and over each day and you get sick of them after a while. That's why I like YouTube. If I hear a song on the radio that I like, I go on YouTube and look up other songs by the same artist. This way, you can listen to more songs that you like, but you won't be listening to the same exact song all of the time. I also like to listen to older songs too that you may not hear on the radio very often, so this website is very convenient for me.
I never used to check my email every often, and I'm still not very good about it, but I know that it is very important for me to do. Many people send out important reminders about the dates and times of certain events through email, so I have learned through experience that I will miss out on things if I don't check my email regularly.
Even though these online websites are important to me, they can be very distracting! (Especially when I have and assignment to do and I am looking for anything that will distract me for a little bit) It is so easy to spend an hour online without even realizing it, but no matter how convenient, entertaining, or fun certain things are, they will always have downsides. I will try to cut back on the amount of time I spend online, but I'm not sure how successful I will be.

2 comments:

  1. It's true that webpages like Facebook make us so much closer to our friends. Same here, I do not always go on Facebook for myself. Instead, it is neccesary for me to help my association at the school to post events online so that my friends can come to the events. These webpages does not only just work as simple as messengers anymore, it is an important tool for people to use in many aspects in nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with your point on the radio. I myself hate when I know a song and then it goes on the radio, because they always over play it. I also go through the same problem with my email. Since many professors send out reminders and such, I have been recently trying to get into the habit of checking it daily. And about cutting back on going on these websites, I'll tell you it is unbelievably difficult but I always jokingly say that the first step to completing an assignment is logging off of Facebook!

    ReplyDelete