Friday, September 23, 2011

Prompt #4

There are many online technologies that I use (facebook, various websites, email, skype, online chat, etc) but I think the only one that really matters to me is my blog. My best friend was actually the one who got me into blogging; she started her blog when she was going through an especially rough patch in her life, and reading it was so inspirational to me. Before she showed me her blog, I had no familiarity with the world of blogging, but it's so easy to become a part of the blogging community. There are pieces on my blog that I am especially proud of; I write poetry on my blog because I would not feel comfortable doing it anywhere else (where people I know might see). I share any thoughts, emotions, feelings, and quirks freely on my blog. To me, my blog is the journal that I can instantly connect with; because it saves me the time of pulling out a pencil and opening a leather bound notebook, it seems that I am all the more drawn to it. I used to try and blog at least once every day, no matter how dull or exciting my day was. At first, I would post up to five times per day just because it was so easy to speak my mind without needing a physical audience. My blog is actually like my confidant; my blog is the best friend that is literally always there. I know that sounds really lame and sad, but I'm not really ashamed to admit that my blog really does mean that much to me. Sometimes when I am really upset, I go on a long run so that the pounding of my heart and the rhythm of my feet hitting pavement settle my mind; now, when I am most upset, I also have my blog to turn to. The physical typing on a keyboard helps me relax; I can type as loudly and obnxiously as I want when I sit there and blog. Sometimes there are just things that I need to get out of my mind, and there isn't any particularly perfect moment to do so; my blog is the always perfect opportunity. Sometimes I will just say one sentence on my blog, but I just needed to say that one sentence; I can't do that in an actual conversation with a live person. As I got more and more into blogging, I began to also blog pictures that I found that I liked. Soon, I pretty much blogged about anything and everything that occurred to me. Only my best friend knows the url of my blog because I wanted it to be a place where I never had to worry about being judged, or even worry about appearances at all. I wanted to be an annonymous person with annonymous thoughts, and secretly I wanted people to hear me without ever knowing anything about me. I think that's the best way for anyone to get an honest opinion, so I left my blog public to anyone without actually sharing the url with anyone. Maybe the opinion of millions of strangers couldn't ever matter or affect me, but I still wanted the possibility of my thoughts being exposed in a very veiled manner. I'll never matter to more than a handful of people in the world and I'll only meet a handful, but through my blog I feel like I can reach an audience of millions without ever having to look for them. It's comforting, soothing, and stress-relieving-not too mention how fun I have when posting pictures and decorating my blog. You know those little pleasures in life? This is mine (:

No comments:

Post a Comment