Friday, September 23, 2011

Prompt Four Response

I go online about 6 times a day. Every time I go online is to do three things; go on Facebook, go on Peoplemagazine.com and listen music on YouTube. It has been a habit for the past 3 years. Those three websites are what connects me to the world beyond my surrounds. It also helps me stay updated with the media, of the people I know and of fashion.

Facebook I use mostly use to stay in touch with my friends from Ecuador and from back home. When I get on Facebook, the first thing I do it look up recent photos. I find it very interesting to see photos of what people have been up to rather than actually reading their status. I do not only use Facebook to find out things about people I am close to, but as well as of people I just met. When I met a person and they send me a friend request, I use Facebook to help me build an image of that person. It is a good way to find out some background information. People like to call this “stalkerish,” but I know everyone does it.

Facebook is, also, a place I can make certain things of my life public. I love uploading photos. They photos do not necessary have to be of me, but of the people around me, or of random object that reflect a great memory. Just like I enjoy having updates about people, I feel like my friends would want the same from me. Most of the pictures I upload, I tag people on them so that their friends can see pictures of them. I only tag myself in pictures in which I believe I look good in. If someone tags me in a picture that I do not like, I simply untag myself.

I go on the People magazine website because I love to look up different trends rising in the fashion industry. The three famous females I love to follow are Kim Kardasian, Jennifer Aniston and Selena Gomez. All three have a unique style that I wish to have. I get ideas on what to wear in certain occasion or how to do my hair. The People website was very helpful when I was deciding what to wear to Prom, as well as how to do my hair and makeup.

YouTube consists of the same purpose as People magazine does. I use YouTube in order to be updated on new songs. I do not listen to the radio, so I use the Internet because I am online most of the time. Also, when I do homework, I go to YouTube to play music because it helps me concentrate. YouTube has all sort of music, so I sometimes listen to random songs. If I like them, I take the link and convert the video to mp3 and add it to my iTunes.

Recently, I have been using the Internet more than ever; mainly because I have to use websites, like Blackboard and Webwork to do homework. Half of my classes require blogging therefore I need to be online most of the time. I do not only use the Internet on my computer, but on my phone too. The other day I used it to find out where one of my classes were. It is really convenient. It makes me wonder how I was able to go on with my life with Internet technology.

2 comments:

  1. You mentioned that you use facebook to create an image of people who you have never met. I was curious as to what the reasons were for your doing this? I definitely agree that we all do it, and I think it is interesting to hear about the different reasons. I think that I use facebook almost as a tool to help me prepare for meeting someone; I think of facebook as resource in helping me look less like an idiot and be able to know who I do and don't want to be associated with.

    I also wonder, why do you pick Facebook over Myspace or perhaps any other social networking site?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,
    I definitely do the same when i log onto Facebook, i "stalk" people by looking through all their recent pictures, it gives me an idea of what they have been up to, like i feel caught up!

    Teresa,
    I think we use Facebook because myspace is now outdated, Facebook is like myspace but a upgraded better version i guess kind of like a mash-up of myspace n other apps put together, which is why we find it more interesting.

    ReplyDelete