Monday, September 26, 2011

Prompt #4 Response

As online technologies have developed further, I believe that people will be able to do anything with online technologies in near future. The various kinds of online technologies, such as Facebook and Skype, enable people to feel that they are connected each other. Because of this characteristic of the online technologies, people who don’t live with family or have friends in places far from where they live use Facebook or Skype as their cheapest way to contact each other.

Like most teenagers, I also spend quite a long time to do Facebook. I often post funny pictures; of course I tagged them, and write some stories on my wall. Surprisingly, I often see the comments coming up on my stories right after I post. Then, I feel like they are my neighbors who are right next to me, sharing many stories each other.

Besides posting stories, pictures or videos on Facebook, people do also chat on face to face. This is quite similar to the main purpose of Skype – communicate each other in online. This is a real conversation, except that people cannot touch each other. If anyone who has only a laptop with cam, everyone can talk to anyone whom he or she wants to talk to.

Then why do people who live with family and have friends in near places use Facebook? Some people do facebook simply they get bored. They want to listen the other’s story and also tell your story. Other people use facebook to meet new people to socialize. Many people actually add their new friends even if they never meet them before.

In addition to these reasons, most importantly, people use Facebook because people are always curious about the other people. Who is he? What does he do? Where does he live? What does he like to do? All those questions might seem to be weird, like a stalker. However, I believe that having curiosity about the other is one of the human natures.

It is certain that developing online technologies will soon make another renovation. I’m ready to be impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment