Monday, October 10, 2011

Post 6

I have two online spaces that I share my ideas on. Those two websites are Facebook and my social wrong’s blog. The one I mostly share my culture is on Facebook. Facebook gives me the opportunity to comment or like on other people’s ideas. Not everything posted on Facebook is something to have an opinion on but there are things one can write his or her opinions about. For instance, a recent topic that was on Facebook was the execution of Troy Davis. Many statuses were on the injustice done to Davis by the government. Such statuses give me the opportunity to comment on what the government should have done and what they shouldn’t. By expressing what I think, I am addressing my values and beliefs. For instance, I did comment on Davis’ execution as being unjust. The government and the Supreme Court are meant to bring justice to the country and this action makes everyone doubt the role of the courts.

Facebook has no limitation in what you can post, so it is easy for people to converse about anything in multiple ways. Recently I have discovered that people even post pictures of News images and tag people on it. I was tagged in a picture of a soldier that has his face deformed, result of the war. It is to show the reasons why soldiers should be pulled out of Iraq. Soldiers are risking their lives because of the government’s stupidity. I did not remove the tag because it is something I also believe in. Many people commented on the picture and I read most of them. When I agreed with what another person said, I would like or comment back to that person on what they posted. As you can see, it is very easy to have a conversation.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it is really easy to have a conversation using online spaces. I especially liked your example of news image you were tagged in. I never had this kind of experience before, but if I had, I would also not remove the tag. It is very interesting for me that people can express or address their ideas by not removing the tag or clicking 'like' the post. I definitely agree with your idea of easiness of using online spaces:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i agree! Tags are such a easy way to communicate an idea through a image! it starts up a conversation on whatever topic the image is bringing to light. Also since you are notified through email or on your FB account you basically have no choice but to view the picture and so can others since a tagged picture automatically appears on your profile, it makes people pay attention.

    ReplyDelete