Friday, October 21, 2011

Prompt #8

My weekend will start from Friday evening. I already plan to go watch movie with some of my friends and uncle today around 9:00 pm. We haven’t talk about what movie are you going to watch but hopefully we will decide to watch something interesting movie. On Saturday I scheduled my day for doing homework because I have tons of homework. I have lab report for chemistry, BME homework, and chemistry homework. Sunday will be my busy day since I asked two juniors from RIT who are doing their project on immigrants to come to University of Rochester. They are hoping to interview me to share some stories that I have been through since I came to the USA. I am also hoping to interview them and explore more about what are the challenges that refugee youths are facing. Later on Sunday I am planning to go home for a while because my uncle’s friend has birthday and I am invited. Hopefully, this weekend will be fun for everybody and me.

2 comments:

  1. Tek - How great that this meeting with the RIT students will be beneficial to you and them! What a great arrangement. How did you get in touch with these students? Are they people you know? Did they contact you or did you contact them? Are they also refugees? From where? I hope to hear more about your meeting with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about them before. I was told by one of the lady from Catholic Family Center. I showed an interest to meet with them and sharing my experience and at the same time also learning from them about the challenges immigrant youth are facing. I am working with Jared- he is from Cleveland, Ohio and Griffin- he is from Seattle, Washington. Both of them are currently junior at RIT. I will tell you more about them when I see you in class tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete