Sunday, October 23, 2011

Prompt 8 Response David

I enjoy the Meliora weekend so far. I watched the President Clinton's speech (but not at the Eastman...), it was impressive to have him having a speech at our school! Then I met up with some Simon Faculties at lunch, and it was good to learn some experience of them getting into the Simon MBA program, because it is one of my goal to get into the Simon for my graduate degree in couple years. In the afternoon, I helped my friend Gen cut his hair (I was impressed that my hair cutting skill is getting better lol), but the most exciting event I have had is the Chinese Students' Association event - Lantern Painting. We prepared the Lanterns for people to paint, and we taught those who wanted to have Chinese Characters on their lanterns to write in Chinese. We ran out of the lanterns an hour before the event actually ends, but I was glad to heard that people had a great time painting their Lanterns (you guys should come next year :)). Nothing really much after, but just hanged out with my friends. It was a good day and I should probably go to bed... I had a pretty good weekend so far, except for not getting enough time to sleep :(

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had known about the Chinese lantern painting event! I would have gone. I really want to learn how to write Chinese characters. Next time there is an event, will you make an announcement to the class?
    Thanks David!
    Sounds like it was a great success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved to have seen Clinton's speech, but I had to work :( I didn't really get a chance to talk to anyone who had heard or seen the speech, so I was wondering, what had he chose to talk about? Also, where was the lantern painting event? That sounds like it was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes!! i will definitely let you guys know if we have events like that next time! It was at the tent and was very fun. I think we will be specifically teaching chinese characters event coming up soon. We can teach how to write your names in Chinese :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really wanted to go to see Clinton's speech but I was late to buy ticket. All tickets were sold out by the time I knew about Clinton's speech. Chinese Lantern painting event sounds interesting but unfortunately we missed it. Anyway we would love to hear from you David for any interesting Chinese event in coming future.

    ReplyDelete