Sunday, October 23, 2011

Prompt #8

This weekend my parents and my grandfather came to visit me. We did not do any of the activities that the University had planned, but I did get to spend quite a bit of time with my family so it was a really great weekend. We went out to dinner on Friday and Saturday night and my mom took me shopping (I figured it was the best time to go since she offered to pay for everything I got). I didn't really get any work done while they were here, so unfortunately I will be up very late on Sunday trying to get everything done. Other than that, I had a fun time this weekend and it was really nice to see my family again :)

2 comments:

  1. Aww that is really nice that you got to spend quality time with your family.None of my family members were able to come up for the weekend but it was nice seeing other students reunite with their loved ones, especially since a lot of them were homesick, seeing their parents probably helped them deal better. I actually enjoyed the activities that U of R had set up for the parents, i got to watch a show and get Henna done :) we usually dont get this treatment so i was excited !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, it sounds really great! Since all my family members are in China, I believe it is impossible to see them here in the States. So your post makes me really jealous..! I also think that spending some time with your family is very valuable. I am sure that just seeing your parents helped and supported you a lot. And I also didn't do any of the activities that the University had planned, mainly because I slept a lot. So, like most of my friends and you, I had to be up very late on Sunday doing all my stuffs. It was really frustrated.... I'm really glad that you had a fun time that weekend :)

    ReplyDelete