Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Prompt #6

I would like to talk about the Facebook as one of the online spaces that I routinely visit. Facebook has definitely shared cultures and values. Facebook has been the best place for people of all kinds to share what they have and what they have been through. Music, pictures, opinions, feelings, comments are some of the common things people like to share in Facebook. Creating different groups represent the culture in Facebook because certain group of people with certain objectives can be created in Facebook to talk and share information that they have within the group. For example, there is University of Rochester group in Facebook where students interact within the group. They share what they have and they ask any question they might have.

Sometimes I found that it is easy to judge people mood by visiting their Facebook page. One good example that I have is the fact I found with my uncle a month ago. When I used to write message to my uncle in Facebook usually, I used to receive reply soon from him like within a day. A month ago I had some kind of simple debate with my uncle and he was mad with my perspective in that debate. Later, I messaged him to make sure if he is still mad with me. He didn’t reply me for a week that clearly showed that he is still mad with me. Therefore, Facebook plays an important role in sharing cultures and values.

No comments:

Post a Comment