Monday, October 17, 2011

Promt # 7 Response..

Iraq, Afghanistan War: Principle reasons to economic recession?

I am thinking about doing a research on the US war with Middle East as a principle reasons to economic recession. Is the money that we are spending on war more like a waste or does this spending on terror also have some good sides? Should we stop these wars and focus more on fighting the economic downfall that we are facing now? I would like to include and talk about the statistics about the tax money that our government puts on to the army that we sent to Iraq and Afghanistan. I would include that data of whether the people in US like these actions of government sending the troops to foreign nations. Also if the people in those countries actually like the US army being there, do they feel safe about it or are they even more scared about the US force there? Are US armies in those lands actually helping to keep the country and people safe or are they even creating more disturbance?

At last, I would like to propose a solution how these problems might be dealt? I don’t mean that I will be able to solve these problems because they are unsolved for years? But I will definitely write my opinions that might help the situations in some ways

2 comments:

  1. Bed- you have a LOT of great ideas here. I think you might want to consider how you could narrow your focus - what specifically are you most interested in? cost-benefit analysis of the war? People's opinion about the war? Opinions of those in Iraq and Afghanistan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Liz. If you want to investigate everything you mentioned, that will require a lot of research.
    Now that the soldiers are coming back, and literary ending the fight over there, it would have been interesting comparing the statistics of when they were in Iraq and the statistics after they have came back. Unfortunately it is too soon to focus on that now. I think it would have been really interesting and even easier to research.
    You can still do it using economic statistics before we went to war and when we were at war.
    If I did not misunderstand in class, if you analyze these statistics in a very detailed way, that can be considered first had resource.

    ReplyDelete