Saturday, October 15, 2011

Prompt 7 response - David

What ideas do you have (so far) for a final research topic?

I am very interested in the updated news of the government's action towards Electronic Cigarettes (E-cigarettes). The first time I saw E-cigarettes was at the Marketplace Mall, and I was surprised that the sellers told us that smokers won't get addicted to E-cigarettes. Instead, I was told that E-cigarettes can help people get rid of smoking tobacco. I was very curious and I looked up E-cigarettes online. To my surprised, I saw a bunch of news saying that the government is trying to ban E-cigarettes, because the government found cancer causing materials in E-cigarettes. I am curious about what is happening. For my paper, I think I will do a research on the results from studies of E-cigarettes from E-cigarettes companies and the government and figure out if the government should ban E-cigarettes.

1 comment:

  1. The topic sounds very interesting. I do not know what e- cigarettes are so I am looking forward in learning about it and its effects. What I noticed based on what you wrote is that you seem to be focusing on secondary research. How do you can on investigating this topic on your own? Are you going to interview or analyze behavior of people who take e-cigarettes and people who do not?

    ReplyDelete