Sunday, November 20, 2011

Blog #12 response

What did you think of the ISO/Simon event you attended?
The ISO/Simon event that we attended was so interesting! At first i thought the presenters would be mostly focusing on the cultural background of India and Tokyo but the many different aspects they focused on like food and technology grabbed my attention. I liked the overall open attitude that the presenters had, they were actually excited about what they were telling us and their comical personality made the presentation more attention grabbing. I also liked the videos they showed, the video of the packed trains in Tokyo and traffic in India was entertaining while they showed a glimpse of the life in those countries. These places made me think of actually studying abroad there so i can learn more about the different lifestyles they live.
My favorite part was the bullet train when it showed how it can travel great distances like Rochester to NYC in a small amount of time like 2 hours it made me think how great that would be if we had that here in America!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I think the reason why the presentations caught our attention was because of the videos they included. From my personal experience, I was more hooked in what the Indian presentation because of the funny videos that they had. Also, the presenters had more of a sense of humor when they shared there information. To be honest, there were several times I did not understand what the presenters were saying, but that did not make them less intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right Janet, their personality and excitement really shined through and made the presentation even more interesting. I always wanted to travel to those places but the presentation opened my eyes-showed me that I have to do some research before I just go. It also motivated me to want to travel to those places even more.

    ReplyDelete