Thursday, November 3, 2011

Prompt # 10 Response - David

What did you do at the party on Thursday? Who did you meet? Was this a good use of class time or not?

I had a great time at the party on Thursday. I met Rantai, Kewei, Chen, Jimmy... and Kiera? (I think that's her name). At first, we played card game, which I don't know what the name is... Basically we have someone from the group to explain what a word is so that we can get the word. It was fun... but I quitted later @@ After that, what surprised me was that I found that Jenny actually speaks Chinese pretty well!! That was impressive! Liz probably didn't want us to speak in Chinese anymore so she got us to play Jenga. It was a better game, but I was still terrible at it. I met Kewei and Rantai while playing the game. Then we ended up playing Pictionary! Liz and I were in one team, Kewei, Jenny, and Lei were in another one. Even though they gave my team an extra point for us to catch them up, we still lost, because their team is TOO good. (Egrrhh...) I ate a lot of pizza, and some chicken wings. I like the wings. They were tasty. I hung out at the room for another while before I left.
I personally like this. It gives us more opportunity to meet more people from outside of classes. I had never talked to new Chinese students too much, but at the party, I had a chance to get to know more about them, which was awesome!

2 comments:

  1. I noticed that you and Jenny were talking in Chinese! I was totally surprised because I didn't realize you guys were both mandarin speakers, so that was really cool to find out! I'm glad you guys got to talk a lot though and discovered this (: Maybe I'll join in next time haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA Definitely! If Liz doesn't mind hahaha

    ReplyDelete