Monday, November 28, 2011

In Class Blog Response - David

I usually need to think for a while before I really start writing my papers. I will first look at the prompt, and start forming paper structures and coming up strong arguments for my position. But I don't just get stuck there when I am thinking. I usually do other things after I read the prompts. It could seem awkward..., but this works for me: I can sometimes come up some good ideas, even when I am doing my other homework. Playing games, showering, eating, having coffee, etc...

When I come up ideas about how to write the paper, I would first write the whole structure down on a paper. This way gives me a sense how I am going to present my ideas and how I can make the paper flow. Also, I will sometimes discuss the issues from the prompts with my friends before I even start writing, just in case that my arguments are also strong to readers.

After that, I will start looking up resources that support my position. After finding suitable resources for the paper, I start writing the paper. If necessary, I would sometimes go to the writing center, or even get my friends to read the paper, to see if my paper needs to be edited.

No comments:

Post a Comment