Saturday, November 5, 2011

prompt #10 response.

I met Keira and Chen at the party. I also met Chen's friend, another Chinese guy, but I forgot his name :/ I also go to speak to a girl who was in her Take 5 year here who had gone to many different countries as a study abroad student. I think it was really cool meeting so many new people, and I love hearing about other people's study abroad experiences because I won't be able to do it myself. Otherwise, I spent a while playing Jenga with Tek and Michelle (I think Tek really likes that game because we played so many games! (:) Then our whole class got together and played that one game where you tried to guess the word based on the clues that someone was giving (Sorry, I'm completely blanking on the name). Overall, I thought it was a good bonding experience for our class because I feel as though many of us don't really know each other that well even though our class is so small. I liked that it was really low key and there was no pressure to have to participate (even though I really like classes were we have group discussions where everyone participates). I think that was the first time I was really able to let loose and be myself around these classmates so that was fun! It was also cool to see how everyone was like outside of class. I have to be honest, and hopefully I don't get spammed with too many angry comments for saying this, but I feel like a class talking about annotated bibliographies would have been more helpful. Personally I dread writing annotated bibliographies, and honestly I feel that they are completely useless to me because I feel like the summary is purely for someone else's benefit. It is much more organized and beneficial for me just to keep track of what sources I am using in my own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment