Sunday, November 20, 2011

Post 12

The IOS event was very interesting and informative. I love learning about other countries and their cultures. I learned a lot about the lifestyle of people from both India and Tokyo. One thing that was interesting was learning about the different foods and desserts Indian people eat. The reason why I think it was more intriguing to me was because my Godsister is getting married to an Indian man. It was good to learn about certain things about their culture before the two cultures join together. One thing I am excited about the two cultures joining together is that I love trying different type of foods and Indian food is one I am looking forward to try. From the presentation I learned that most of the foods are spicy and that is one of my favorites.

Learning about Tokyo was really interesting too. The facts were more interesting, even though the presentation was not as interesting or entertaining as the other presentation. It was fascinating to learn that the technology in Tokyo is so advanced. The technology they have, makes me feel that they are from outer space. One thing that I wished that our country would have is the trains. In the slide show it was mentioned that it would only take two hours from Rochester to New York City. If we had that type of technology here, we would be better off and happer.

This presentation was really enjoyable. It was nice to be in a class that we learned different things than the subjects we take. Also, this past two weeks have been full of exams and essays and it was nice to do a different kind of activity that would distract us from other things going on.

1 comment:

  1. How was the information presented? Like was it presented by different students at Rochester? It sounds like it was a really fun and interesting time!

    Have you ever been to India Jess? I'm happy for your godsister! I love going to the India Day festival every summer that celebrates like Indian independence...Indian food is scrumptious! (:

    I totally agree with you about the trains thing...trains are big in China too and it's so much more utilized. I persona;lly would rather take a train than fly because flying is so scary ):

    ReplyDelete