Sunday, November 20, 2011

Prompt #12 Response

I really enjoyed the Simon Event last week. Since I went there, expecting this event would be about the graduate level of business studies that I don't know anything about, I was little worried that I could fall asleep during the event. However, that event was about interesting differences of various asian culture, including Japan and India. It was kind of an introduction of how to start the business in those countries. The presentation really captured the audiences attention, by using interesting video clips and photos. I thought that it would be great if I didn't miss anything.

I was especially interested about differences in culture among various region in India, surprised by the fact that they even speak with different languages. It also reminded me of the memory with my Indian friend in high school.

In addition, I was shocked by the video clip showing how Japanese commute in the morning. If I were there, I would certainly not be able to breath. That video was little exaggerated, but I felt enough what they wanted us to see - difference.

It was true that I have recently had a lot of stuffs to do. However, I think this event gave me enough energy that made me laugh and refreshed my mind. I would love to have those kinds of events later on in the writing class.

2 comments:

  1. How come the event only focused on Japanese and Indian cultures?

    Jenny, I totally know what you mean about the commute...when I was in China I was completely blown away by how crowded the buses were (and how smelly too!). The driving in China is INSANE too...bikers just weave through traffic like it's nobody's business!

    Do you think it's "easier" to start a business here or abroad? Is there anything you learned that was really interesting in terms of opportunities here compared to abroad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I m glad that you enjoyed it! I wish I could go as well. The Russell Peters video is very funny and the event should be fun too! As an asian student, I believe I could have benefited a lot from this group :C But you should definitely come to calligraphy event next time lol

    ReplyDelete