Saturday, November 12, 2011

Promt #11 Response

So far I am doing more research on what I should include on my paper. As of right now I have looked through few articles in details about ethical consideration and technology. 2 of these articles bring really good points on how technology has impacted our lives. For example the device likes 6th sense. Had it been in the market now, what would have been the people reaction to it? How this device might have affected our lives and the ethics? Right now I kind of have a really broad sense of how I am connecting these ideas of misleading technology towards the ethics and moral that we all as humans should live by. But I know that I need to narrow it down to make it look more precise and not vague.

I still want to know more on this topic. I want to know if there is any search engines that any one already knows where I can find the best results of my topic “ Sixthsense device on the eyes of technology and ethical consideration” and to be little broad it’s just “Technology and ethical consideration”

There hasn’t been any problems finding articles but narrowing the points and purpose on that article and to relate it to my topic has been a little challenge. I need help creating a flow of my ideas. I would say one of my biggest challenges in writing a paper is about connecting my ideas. I know the matter like what I am writing, but the question is how I am connecting the ideas? Right now I kind of feel good about this though; coz Liz helped me sampling my 10 page paper. But I know I will get stuck in the middle somewhere to ask myself what’s next?

2 comments:

  1. This is a good point...during your ventures and vexations project I was also wondering how you would incorporate a "so what" into your paper. I think some questions that might be helpful to ponder are:
    1. Why is this new technology interesting to us NOW and why wasn't it interesting to us before?
    2. What effect will it have on the way people behave towards each other? How will it CHANGE PEOPLE, not just change the way we do things...
    3. What are the dangers to this device? How can it harm us?

    Perhaps thinking outside the realm of just the functions of the device will help you keep relating your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Teresa. As I read the paper for PR, I personally think that analyzing the comments are not enough. What I would do is:
    1. What do people say about this device? Do more people like it or dislike it?
    2. Why should we care about this device?
    3. What is your opinion and why?
    4. Ready for a counter argument and answer to it.
    5. Conclusion

    I think this might a way make your argument more focusing and stronger :D

    ReplyDelete